Re: coil spring compressor

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: coil spring compressor
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <egmakris@otenet.gr>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 13:49:11 +0300
Guys, thanks a lot for your input and help!

I know it can be done without compressors, plus there's variation on
what to undo first, the upper link or the bottom outer link - the latter
was suggested by an MG professional in England who's been doing this for
years.

So, if I gently de-flate my 2-ton hydraulic jack supporting the pan (via
hefty woodblock of course) won't the spring wildly rejoice at its sudden
freedom to expand, or, won't the rest of the car jump upwards and
probably off the 4 axle stands it'll be sitting on?

Evangelos

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list