Cross-drilled Brake Rotors - Can they be turned?

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Cross-drilled Brake Rotors - Can they be turned?
From: "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:28:24 -0400
My cross-drilled rotors are pretty tatty.  So, I went to a local brake shop
today & the manager said cross-drilled rotors can't be turned.

Spoke to another MG guy & he believes they can.  Logically, I don't see any
reason they couldn't effectively be turned unless the grinding stones of the
turning machine are smaller than the holes in the rotor.

I'm open to suggestions.  BTW, Moss now has rotors with BOTH cross-drilling
AND slots for $150.  (But, they aren't cryogenically treated.  Hey, Kelvin
how about that too?)

Norm Sippel
'66 MGB

///