Re: Cross-drilled Brake Rotors - Can they be turned?

To: N <twobees@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Cross-drilled Brake Rotors - Can they be turned?
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 19:06:03 -0700
On Mon, Aug 13, 2001 at 09:28:24PM -0400, N wrote:
> My cross-drilled rotors are pretty tatty.  So, I went to a local brake shop
> today & the manager said cross-drilled rotors can't be turned.
>
> Spoke to another MG guy & he believes they can.  Logically, I don't see any
> reason they couldn't effectively be turned unless the grinding stones of the
> turning machine are smaller than the holes in the rotor.

Are they turned with stones? I thought that they were cut, as on a
lathe. I suspect that it is because every hole would catch the corner
of the cutting bit.

For better or worse, they aren't legal in the class that I'd be racing
Jasmine in so
1) I can't do it
2) I can't spend the money on it.

--
     I can't go back and change time, but I can make up for lost time.

///