squeal

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: squeal
From: Montgomery Morris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 10:11:21 -0700
Hello friends,
This is my first posting since buying a 79B a few months ago. Had a 68B for
5 years but that was 25 years ago! forgot how fun they are. First, I  don't
even know how to spell "mekanic", but I'm willing to try now that I'm an OF
and my kids are off to college.
I have developed a "squeal" even at highway speeds that seems to diminish
when the clutch is pushed in. When it is idling in the garage, it squeals a
little only when the electric fans come on. My suspicion is the water pump.
If it is the water pump, can I try adding water pump lubricant/treatment
without harming anything? Any suggestions?
Monte 79B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list