Re: 72B restoration

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 72B restoration
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:10:32 -0800
"White" white also needs to be kept very clean, and flattens the curves of
the car. Old English White is probably more forgiving. The most common
original color on CBBs seems to be Primrose, which looks vintage, if not all
that exciting. It does hold up well in the sun, unlike reds and blues. The
most common respray colors are probably Tartan Red and BRG, which is
understandable, since both are flattering and appropriate to the era. Dark
blue is pretty rare on B roadsters, but I have always liked it when I have
seen it. And black looks great, albeit with the caveats you mentioned. The
reason black was said to work particularly well on RB cars is that helps
integrate the massive bumpers, but it looks even better with chrome accents.

Just some opinions for the mix...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149