Re: Which tire for my MG?

To: mgdigest@us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: Which tire for my MG?
From: "James Laukaitis" <jim5@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:47:28 -0500
Ah tires,

      Actually I just put Yokohama Avid H4's (185/70 R14) on my stock
wires. After much hemming and hawing, and finally making a decision based
on feedback from everybody here and the advice from TireRack. They are
great tires as far as I can tell, I haven't done a lot of travel on them
though, but what I have done they gripped well and no rubbing. I also put
brand new bands and tubes in. Also after the local tire shop balked at
putting them on. I did it myself (man, am I gonna get a lot of comments on
THAT statement). Just like putting on a bicycle tire (thats gonna come back
and sting me too). What is nice is that I decided to do a bolt on
conversion, so I can use those tires again, because they are actually
tubeless.

Cheers!   I am on digest mode so all the comments to the statements made
above might take a while for replies.

Jim L
1967 MGB-GT
email: jim5@us.ibm.com
karma - n. - the force produced by a person's actions in one of their lives
which influences what happens to them in their future lives

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///