Which tire for my MG?

Subject: Which tire for my MG?
From: stephen bartley <ragtopday@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 11:15:32 -0500
Hello list.... This year I am planning on getting a set of center-lock
Minilite replicas as a Christmas gift for my MGB. I am planning on using
185/70-14 tires, I was wondering what the consensus of the list is regarding
type/brand of tire. I am just starting to research tires and I am looking at
the Dunlop D65T touring and the Pirelli P-400 Touring and P-4000 Super
Touring so far. My car is driven only in the summer months here in New
England, very rarely in wet weather, never in snow. I am  looking for a
comfortable tire to put up with the sometimes rough New Hampshire back
roads. I am not really looking for a true performance tire, but something
that offers good handling & a nice ride in mostly dry conditions, and I am
looking to spend somewhere in the $50 price range per tire. Comments,
Please??

TIA
Stephen P Bartley
Portsmouth NH
1963 MGB

"We'll throw all our cares away, It's a Ragtop Day"--Jimmy Buffett

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///