Re: The famous Clutch!!!

To: "Ryan, Wesley" <wryan@giplastek.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The famous Clutch!!!
From: Chad Cooper <mgb72@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 17:52:01 -0800
You definitely can put the clutch in backwards.  It should be marked as to
which
side goes toward the flywheel.  It is stamped "flywheel" on one side.  If it is
not in backwards I would be a bit concerned as to why it wouldn't go on the
other way because it should slide freely on the input shaft, whichever way you
have it faced.  What I am getting at, is that whatever kept you from putting it
on the other way may be what is causing the hard to press problem.
Hope this helps...
Chad
'72 B

Ryan, Wesley wrote:

> The hose to the slave is the one that blew out. I have another one coming
> however, I just wanted to know some of your thoughts on why it blew and why
> the petal was difficult to push in.
>
> Wesley Ryan
> Project Engineer
> GI Plastek