RE: Moss or Victoria British

To: "Robert Marcho" <marcho@bible.acu.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Moss or Victoria British
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:51:15 -0600
Robert, where ever you end up buying, when it comes to the floor pans at
least, buy the British Heritage pans.  I bought some aftermarket pans, which
were ok, not great, but ok.  However when I did the passenger side floor on
the car I'm currently restoring I bought a British Heritage pan that was on
sale.  What a difference.  This is particularly important on the passenger
side since all your hoses, lines, power cables, etc run under the passenger
side floor pan from the front of the car to the rear of the car.  The
Heritage pan has all the mounting hardware already in place to put
everything back together again.  The aftermarket pans require drilling the
pan and putting bolts down through the pan.  Also, the Heritage pan has the
seat mounting points already installed, but with the aftermarket you have to
drill through the pan and use bolts.  This isn't bad for the rear, but the
front seat bolts are in the cross member, which means you have to drill all
the way through the cross member as well then use long bolts to secure the
fronts of your seats.

As to which company is better, I've ordered from both with good and bad
experiences.  They both fill a need we have for parts to maintain our cars.
Personally, I do most of my ordering from Jeff Zorn at the Little British
Car Co..  Jeff's prices and service are outstanding.

Good luck with your restoration.

Ken Waringa

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list