FW: Engine Paint

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Engine Paint
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:28:38 -0500
I primed my B's block with gray colored lacquer based primer- and then shot
over that with clear lacquer. It was just what I had laying around at the
time when I needed something. That was 9 years ago and it still looks just
great! Sure, it is not an original color - but with the contrast between the
red cylinder head, the polished finned alloy valve cover, the polished carb
pots, the chrome SU pancake filters and all the other under hood detailing
otherwise, it looks just fine to everyone that's seen it (brag-brag)!!!
There's a photo of it on my website. It's a hi-res photo so you can right
click and zoom in a couple of times if you want. You won't be able to see
the block color in the photo but you CAN see that it DOES look very good
otherwise.

-Jerry Erbesfield
73 B Black Beauty roadster
jerbesfield@mediaone.net