Re: console and gauges

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: console and gauges
From: "Scott Hower" <HowerSL@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:12:12 -0500
Hi Dereck,

I bought some Smith's gauges from Holden while in the UK on business
recently:  www.holden.co.uk   Look under the Smiths Quandrant scale
(52mm) in the Shop->Gauges page.

They stock the full line of new Smiths accessory gauges in either Black
or Magnolia (cream) faces.  They are made from the original tooling,
or so says their catalog.  No financial interest, just a very satisfied
customer.
They sell all sorts of interesting LBC/BBC bits.

It looks like you have a flat panel and can install two or maybe three
gauges.
I had to do some planning to fit mine into the existing 73B cutouts.  The
hazard flasher lamp and the seat belt indicator needed to be relocated, but
everything fits nicely.  I don't use the lighter so I didn't reinstall it.

Here's a link to a photo of the gauges:

    http://home.att.net/~howersl/mg/console.jpg

--Scott

///