Re: MG Hearing

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG Hearing
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:36:54 +1030
Paul Root wrote:

> MGTD1952@cs.com wrote:
> >
> > In a message dated 1/24/02 1:32:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> > Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com writes:
>
> My wife heard yesterday that Led Zeppelin has sold the right
> to use some of their songs for advertising. The first products
> to use them? Cadillac.

After finding that they were seen as conservative and a 45+ car, in an
effort to grab some of the 'younger' market share Mitsubishi (we export
thousands of them from Adelaide, just down the road from me, to the USA
each year) have been using a song by the New Radicals called "You Get
What You Give" ("you've got the music in you") in their new advertising
campaign.  It seems it has worked really well and they have picked up
heaps of the 25-35 yearold age group.

I frequently have trouble getting the damn song out of my head, so it
must work!

Those marketing people *can* be clever sometimes.

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia

///