Re: 2.2 Litre MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2.2 Litre MGB
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:45:56 EST
In a message dated 3/22/02 11:03:39 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jamesnazarian@netzero.net writes:

> The guts of the engine are all high zoot stuff.  The
> engine makes 172hp and pulls to 8000rpm.  It has Pierce crossflow Al head,
> weber side draft carbs, twin point Mallory dist etc.  From what the article
> said the thing really comes alive at 6500rpm, and that mated with a 5speed

Comes alive at 6500?

Driveable???

Methinks a contradiction lurks, nay prances through that statement!

The 'cammines' of such an engine, and the lower end figures you'll find,
preclude the sort of flexibility that you or I would find useful, unless we
regularly drove to that little shopping mall just off the Nurburgring......

BTW, a Twincam MG engine with similar stuff (and a bit lower displacement
displacement) can produce in the 190+ bhp range, and it still has a slightly
better torque curve ;-)

Bill '2 cams are better than 1' Spohn

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list