Re: Electrics

To: Mike Razor <mrazor@mis.net>
Subject: Re: Electrics
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 16:48:50 -0600
Mike Razor wrote:

> Lost my tach, fuel gauge, wipers, Brake lights, turn signals and temp gauge
> all at the same time.  Check all the fuses on the on the fender and inside
> the little plastic fuse holders, they all look good.  Any suggestions.
> Mike

Might try to short across the fuse(s); they can sometimes look
perfect and still fail. They also often develop oxide on their
contact surfaces, so I always turn them in the holder to freshen up
the contact.

If this doesn't work:

First I would supply a good ground to any one of these units (ground
side) and see if they all begin to work again.

Second, these should all feed off the ignition-on circuit, so I
would look for a bad connector somewhere in between. If I couldn't
easily find the fault, I would temporarily run a new wire from the
ignition-on to any one of these (hot side).

-Rock  http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Red Dirt Rangers (Rocky on piano): http://www.reddirtrangers.com
JJ Cale Live (w/Rocky): http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm