RE: Seeking advice on MGB steering rack install

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Seeking advice on MGB steering rack install
From: "Marc" <smarc@abs.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 12:36:13 -0500
My thanks to those who replied; I am prepared to attempt to solve this
problem again. One thing I would like to know more about: Getting the shafts
into and out of the U-joint is quite difficult. To extract the shaft
initially, I clamped a vise-grip pliers on the shaft just below the U-joint,
and used a ball joint separator to drive them apart. I am having a hard time
getting the shaft back into the u-joint. Any tips on accomplishing this
would be appreciated!