Re: Future Classics?

To: "Dave Ciaccio" <tbird52@msn.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Future Classics?
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 23:35:10 -0700
IMHO, a part of it is always its impact on motoring.  There are a few such
as the Edsel that were so ugly you just had to love them; there are more,
such as MG and other British cars that really introduced a new kind of car
to America.  Thus forever changing the way many people viewed cars.  Most
cars are collectable to someone somewhere, but to find something the
mainstream will collect is not easy.  I think the corvettes are a good
example; they seem to embody the American spirit for whatever reason.

A lot of people seek to collect the car that was 'cool' back when they were
young.  If all the kids today want a viper then in twenty years all the ones
who have money will go back and get that car now that they can afford to,
and thus it will appreciate over time.

james