Suspension tuning

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Suspension tuning
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 02:47:36 -0600
Hello all,

I promise I'm not botching this one like the wiper thing.  While at home over
Christmas I found my notebook from when I was working on my roaster as a kid.
In the book was a copy of Moss MGB-03.  I was looking through it at some of
the cool parts/accessories that they don't list anymore, and stumbled upon a
suspension chart giving tuning stages 1-3 for all years of cars.  For my car
('71GT) I found Stage 3 specs of:

Adjustable or gas filled shocks,  I have SPAX adjustables installed all
around.
1" lowered HD springs front, I have 550# I" lowered springs (12.5" ride
height).
1.25" lowered HD springs rear, I have uprated 1" lowered springs (12.5" ride
height).
13/16" front sway bar, I have 3/4" bar on poly bushes.
5/8" rear sway bar, I have none.
6" wide alloy wheels and 185/70R14 radials, I have 5.5" wide 15" wheels, no
tires yet.
I have also added neg camber front a-arms, a v-link at the rear, and all poly
bushes.

This rear bar is the question;  I have always heard that putting a rear bar on
a CBB is a really bad thing.  I'm sure this is no longer the case at stage 3
tune (it is also listed for stage 2) since it is in the table.  Does the 1"
change in ride height make the difference here, or is there some assumption
made about driver skill and preferred handling at this level factored in?
Since everything else I have done is up to stage 3 tune, I wonder if I ought
to add a rear bar?  Obviously handling is of greater priority than comfort.

TIA
james