Re: Bleeding Clutch Cylinders

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bleeding Clutch Cylinders
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:38:11 -0400
The following is the method I've used for my MGA (and for a friend's
Peugot). Should apply to MGB also...

I use a large syringe (ask a medical or veterinarian friend to get you a
'catheter tip' syringe) and a length of plastic tubing to suck hydraulic
fluid out through the bleed fitting. The catheter tip syringe has about 60ml
capacity. (The hydraulic fluid will likely attack the rubber plunger in the
syringe rendering it a one time use tool.) Once you have filled the system,
you can then use the pump pedal method to get any lingering bubbles of air
out if needed. I could never get the lines filled using the pedal to push
fluid to the slave cylinder.

The MityVac type tool seems like it would also do the job nicely but the
syringes are, um, freely available to me...

Eric