Re: Bleeding Clutch Cylinders

To: "Bill Saidel" <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>, "N" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: Bleeding Clutch Cylinders
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 02:18:23 -0600
When I did mine, I pushed fluid into a dry system via the bleed screw until
I filled the reservoir 3/4 full.  I then had a friend give the pedal two
pumps to push the residual bubbles out of the slave and then I was done.  I
measured the travel, all was well, and this has lasted 6 months or so, and
counting.  To do all this I used a backwards connected mityvac.  Take the
vent fitting on top and connect to pump side of bottle, and other side to
bleed screw.  The gauge won't register and the blow off lever won't work,
but you do push fluid this way.

james