Re: Bleeding Clutch Cylinders

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bleeding Clutch Cylinders
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:07:09 -0600
In light of these conversations, I thought about ordering an Eezibleed with
my next parts order or maybe a MiteyVac (sp?). But I went to the new
archives first since I know we have discussed all this many times. It does
appear that many people like the Eezibleed and a few thought it was junk.
The archives worked like a charm and told me most of what I needed to know.

Normally I would stick to the old fashioned manual method using two people.
But my 72B project has not seen brakes or even brake fluid for a couple of
years. So I thought the Eezibleed might make sense. But the question that
remains concerns the cap. Those who did not like Eezibleed complained about
fluid blowing out the cap which occurred by using too high a pressure.

Now if I got this straight - this Eezibleed hooks up to the nipple on the
wheel cylinder and blows fluid back up to the reservoir? And the cap has to
be sealed tight? What about the back pressure? Or does it go the other way?
Do I also need the Eezibleed multi-purpose reservoir cap or are the caps
sufficient on the master and clutch master cylinders? Or am I all wrong here?

Is this Eezibleed worth the money? (approx $34 UDS).

David