Hello...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hello...
From: "Sandrine Boinet" <sandrine.boinet@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 18:29:04 +0100
Hi there,
I'm just saying hello to everyone on this mailling list.
I'm new, I just subscribed it. I've got a feeling it will be very
interesting.

I don't own a MG myself but I've seen one, completely eaten by corosion but I
fell in love with it.
I've just seen it but I intend to have a chat with the guy who is trying to
sell it for #875 which I think it's a lot of money for the condition of the
car. I mean the whole body needs replacing and I don't know about the state of
the motor yet.

To be honest, I don't know anything about cars, I never had any interest in
them before like most women. But since I've seen this one it actually made me
realise that I had an hidden passion for it. I want to buy it and with the
help of my boyfriend who knows much more about cars than me, I want to restore
it and make it look like brand new. It will take years, patience and money but
I feel ready for the challenge. Also I will learn a lot of new skills and I
love that.
So I imagine I will have loads of question to ask.

My boyfriend has got an MX5 and he does all the work and modifications that
need doing by himself. He knows lots about cars and he already warned me that
this car will be a lot of work. I'm not sure of the exact model I've seen (I
told you, I don't know anything about cars... yet). But according to my
researches it seems to be an MGB GT model 1970-1976. The colour seems to be
Brooklands Green. It is a very nice car but in a very poor condition. I would
like to try to bring the price down because there is no way that I pay that
amount of money for a car that will need a whole new body plus more. I would
like to get it for between #200 and #300. Does it sound reasonable?
I'm gonna need your advice.

With my boyfriend we are going to have a very good look at it tomorrow and
take notes of what model exactly it is and of what exactly will need to be
done.
I'm all excited about it.

I should talk to you all about it tomorrow once I've looked at it in details.

Speak to you soon.

Sandrine