Re: The KLEZ vrius

To: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Subject: Re: The KLEZ vrius
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 12:18:24 -0700
On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 11:30:50AM -0400, Tab Julius wrote:
> Hi Lisa,
>
> You don't have to go as far as getting a Mac, just stop using Microsoft
> Outlook Express.  Outlook and Outlook Express are notorious for being
> riddled with bugs and security holes, and to make things worse, they're the
   <snip>

> - tab
>

> At 08:13 AM 4/28/02 -0700, rexcats wrote:
> >  On Friday morning my computer was infected with the KLEZ virus.  WE use

<snip>

Or even cheaper than getting a Mac, run Linux.  While Linux is not
immune to virii, since the user does not have permission to write to
the system files, it's a bit harder to write a virus that takes over
your computer.

If you buy vmware (it's about $150) you can run your windows software
on a virtual machine.

   lrc

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.