RE: Off-topic: Viruses and Macs

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Off-topic: Viruses and Macs
From: eric@erickson.on.net
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 10:53:23 +0930 (CST)
Credentials - my first professional programming job 1n 1983 - my first personal
computer was an Amiga in 1986 (it was too advanced for its time).

Jerry wrote:

> in spite of the fact that PC's having made such advances so as to
> catch and maybe even surpass Macs in that area too (depends on your bias)

Only problem being, Jerry, that you are wrong (which doesn't make for a good
argument).  And that sentence quoted above only goes to show that bias and
personal predjudice can overcome any professional good judgement.

Yes, Windows PCs (as opposed to Mac PCs - they are all personal computers)
would
certainly need to make 'such advances so as to catch' the current MacOS - but
compared to MacOSX the latest OS from Windows (hmm, what happened to ME?) is
soooo 20th century.

Why is it that Windows users/supporters have all these myths about Apple/Mac?
Strange - it must be the stuff of legends.

So-called professionals embarrass themselves when they defend Windows operating
systems (and most windows software - love that IIS <guffaw> :-) Defend the
efficacy of using a popular system but don't defend the system itself - it is
technically indefensible.

See - I don't like Tr**mphs either - why? BECAUSE!!!