Re: drink holder

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: drink holder
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 17:41:02 -0700
You basically have an odd-shaped carpeted lump with a shifter boot in the
middle of it. It changed shape and size in 67-68 when they went to the
4-synchro transmission. Look in the "Original MGB" book for pictures.

You may be able to buy one of those generic tray jobs with a weighted
sandbag or pad with velcro hooks, that just sort of flops over the tunnel.

I have fantasized about creating a hinged door out of the radio speaker
grill that flips down with a cup holder on the inside of it.

I agree about the cup between your legs problem -- it's hold to avoid giving
it an inadvertent squeeze when shifting or braking, resulting in a gusher
through the straw.

Hmm, looking back on that statement, maybe I should rephrase that...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149