Re: drink holder

To: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: drink holder
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2002 14:14:20 -0400
What is this fetish about having to have drinks in one' s hands every
minute of the day?  Why not have a good drink at the start and one when at
the finish. If it's a long trip take a break, have a drink and continue.
Let's get some control over our bodies!.      AND NOT GIVE UP CONTROL WHILE
WE ARE DRIVING!  A study showed that drivers drinking coffee/?? were in the
same "inebriated" state as someone with several beers.

At 05:41 PM 5/3/02 -0700, Max Heim wrote:
>You basically have an odd-shaped carpeted lump with a shifter boot in the
>middle of it. It changed shape and size in 67-68 when they went to the
>4-synchro transmission. Look in the "Original MGB" book for pictures.
>
>You may be able to buy one of those generic tray jobs with a weighted
>sandbag or pad with velcro hooks, that just sort of flops over the tunnel.
>
>I have fantasized about creating a hinged door out of the radio speaker
>grill that flips down with a cup holder on the inside of it.
>
>I agree about the cup between your legs problem -- it's hold to avoid giving
>it an inadvertent squeeze when shifting or braking, resulting in a gusher
>through the straw.
>
>Hmm, looking back on that statement, maybe I should rephrase that...
>
>on 5/3/02 4:41 PM, MonteMorris at mmorris@nemr.net wrote:
>
> > I'm building a drink holder to fit the console of the 79B.
> > I'd like to also do the same for the 67B I'm picking up in Seattle (It's a
> > long drive back home with a 32oz cold, sweating, drink BETWEEN YOUR LEGS).
> > Looking through the Moss catalog, I don't see a console on the earlier cars
> > like are on the later cars. Could someone describe what is on the
> transmission
> > "hump"(I don't know what you call this?) between the gearshift and the
> radio
> > console and from the gearshift on back to between the seats? Is the
> distance
> > between the radio console and the gearshift the same in all B's? What about
> > the width of the transmission "hump"?
> > Has someone already built a drink holder for a early car, or can you
> just buy
> > something that will work? For our 79, I've tried most all the boughten
> models
> > and none will seem to fit.
> > I thank you, and my crotch will thank you too :-)
> >
> > Monte 79B, 67B, and 74 1/2 parts car
> > Kahoka, MO USA
> >

>--
>
>Max Heim
>'66 MGB GHN3L76149
>If you're near Mountain View, CA,
>it's the primer red one with chrome wires

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson - barrier@bconnex.net