What's a Graduate? (LBC, but not MG)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: What's a Graduate? (LBC, but not MG)
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 10:36:56 -0400
Driving to work this morning (in NH) I came up behind a car that from a
distance I thought was a MG, but upon getting closer it looked like some
cross between a Spider and a rubber-bumper MGB, but was obviously
neither.  Some things on it, like the mirrors, looked more "modern", more
"euro-ish".

The model name on it was "Graduate", which I have never heard of.  It was
an interesting, and pretty good, looking car.

A look on the 'net this morning has found some references to an "Alfa Romeo
Spider Graduate", but I can't seem to find any good page on this model.  It
did have an Alfa look to it, certainly had the Spider look.  Anybody
familiar with this car?  You could contact me off-list so as to not clog up
the MG list (unless it's a slow day) :)

Thanks

- Tab