RE: What's a Graduate? (LBC, but not MG)

To: <larryhoy@marketvalue.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: What's a Graduate? (LBC, but not MG)
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 11:45:26 -0400
I have been able to ascertain that there was actually a specific model
called the "Graduate", and this car literally had a metal script logo plate
(can't think of the term) that said "Graduate".

I was able to talk to a friend of mine here who remembers the car as Alfa
Romeo trying one last time to sell the spyder/spider, it was near the end
of the life cycle.  There is an actual specific "Graduate" model listed, I
just can't find more about it.  I'm sure they probably were trading off of
the popularity of the movie of the same name, but that's apparently what
they actually called the car model, officially.

He also said that he actually had driven one, but it had the pedals up
close and the steering wheel way back (short legged long-armed drivers only
need apply).  Apparently it was one of the last gasps for AR.

But from behind, it looked for a few minutes like some kind of MG.  It
wasn't going too fast, though. :)

- Tab