Re: Question for folks with parts cars (MGB)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question for folks with parts cars (MGB)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 10:02:09 EDT
In a message dated 5/7/02 8:47:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time, mvheim@attbi.com
writes:

> > It's amazing to me how many cars had speaker holes cut in to them back
> > there, and I still cringe every time I see it.  I can see how it would be
> > tempting when these cars were newer, but once the top's down, they're
> > covered up, for pity's sake!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Back in the early '70s I owned a 1967 TR 4A IRS as my only car.  I also
worked at Radio Shack.  I pulled out the glovebox and mounted an 8-track
player inside so it would be hidden by the door.  I also had an FM converter
that plugged in, in place of a tape, when I wanted radio.  For the speakers,
I built a wooden frame and mounted 2 small bookshelf speakers on it and put
it in the "occasional seat."  It worked great, the hood still went down, and
it sounded great...until someone stole the 8-track.  (I guess it wasn't that
well hidden.)

The speakers eventually found their way into my '67 VW Bus, a few year later.
 That thing sounded like an auditorium compared to the TR.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'75 Midget "The Project"