Re: Confused by speeds stated

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Confused by speeds stated
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 12:14:47 -0600
I do recall that the 103 mph was the vehicle rating for the peak years of
the MGB (18G engines I think). The rating was lower on newer engines. I
don't recall the actual figures but I think the RBB top speed might be in
the lower 90s.

My 71BGT topped out under actual flat road driving at about 95 mph. By
comparison, my Toyota Landcruiser has a vehicle rated maximum speed of 64
mph but I have managed to get it up to a blistering 70mph on some downhill
stretches.

David