Re: Confused by speeds stated

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Confused by speeds stated
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:41:21 -0700
Just to chime in, I crossed the central valley once on my old motor, before
I had the OD, at a steady 85mph for a couple hours. On my current motor,
with OD, I would think I could give a pretty good run at 100mph, at least
with the hardtop on. Though in fact I wouldn't really want to attempt it,
the wire wheels being old and the tires not speed-rated.

Albert has an RBB, though, and I don't think they ever saw the high side of
90 even when new, so cut him some slack...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149