Re: Confused by speeds stated

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Confused by speeds stated
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 15:22:47 EDT
In a message dated 5/10/02 1:07:54 PM, eric@erickson.on.net writes:

<< > Am I missing something here? You do mean KPH's don't you? You surely can
not
> mean 100 MPH...Or, are you trying to tell me that your "B" can actually go
> 100 mph?  I don't think my stock "B" (56,000 mi.) will go 80 mph even going
> downhill with a tail wind pushing me along, ha, ha, ha! >>

I agree with all the rest--My '68 GT, stock (new), seemed to peak out at 113
mph the one time I tried to find top end, with O/D.  And 100 was no problem,
power-wise, although the front end did get quite light.  But I would cruise
from dawn to dawn at 80 mph.  My current '72 GT, with OD, wants to go to 80,
but until I track down an annoying knocking vibration where I'm nearing 70
mph I'll cruise slower.  Already rebuilt the front end, except tie rods and
rack, so it's gotta be one of those.

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT
66 Mustang