Re: my 68 B....Clutch pedal barely returns???

To: Greyson Crowe <nismoracerxe@icqmail.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my 68 B....Clutch pedal barely returns???
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 22:40:39 -0500
At 05:20 PM 5/10/02 -0700, Greyson Crowe wrote:
>Well I'll pull the hose tomarrow.  Is this somthing I need to get
>specifically for my B or can I get another hose?

Has to be the right part to be the right length and have the right fittings
on both ends.  Don't bother looking for a substitute.  Accept only the part
that is listed for the MGB.  But, your local auto parts store may be able
to order one for you, possibly for same day or next day delivery.  Doesn't
hurt to ask.

>.... I'll pull the hose tomarrow...any tips or special procedures?

Use some penetrating oil on the flare nut on the steel line where it screws
into the hose.  If you happen to twist off the steel pipe you will be
looking to replace that as well.  Also use a flare nut wrench to avoid
rounding off the corners on the flare nut.  Flare nut wrench looks like a
box end wrench (closed ring) but with an open slot in the ring to pass it
over the steel tube.  This allows it to contact 5 corners of the nut.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg