Re: Assistance with front A-arm bushings on MGA?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <MGA1500@mac.com>
Subject: Re: Assistance with front A-arm bushings on MGA?
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 23:12:32 -0400
Nope. The A-arms move by using the 'flex' in the rubber part of the bush.

Assemble the front suspension leaving the castle nuts holding the bushings
slightly loose. Put the car back on it's wheels, bounce the front end a few
times to settle everything into a neutral position. THEN tighten the
nuts/insert the cotter pins securing the bushes. (You must have the engine
installed to have proper weight on the front end.)

Eric