Re: Confused by speeds stated

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Confused by speeds stated
From: "Henry D. Reynolds" <hdr@jump.net>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 13:22:05 -0500
just chime in on this old thread....

i have just recently converted my '78 RBB to twin su HIF4 carbs, and aside from
a maniflow header, and the absense of an air pump is pretty much stock.

OK when i rebuild the carbs i installed AAA needles, "red" springs, and solid
throttle butterflies. I also used my grinder to smooth out the intake joints
between the maminnfold, heatshield, phrenolic spacers mostly because the new
heat sheild protruded into that area.

I have no idea how fast i am really going 'cause my speedo is of by 5-10 mph,
more off at high speed than low.

that said... on my monthly trips to houston i run around 4000 just to keep up
w/
traffic on I10, and can easily rev it up to 5k for passing.

PS i am running 186/70 14" tires on stock wheels, and I usually estimate my
speed as 18 mph/1000 rpm.

--
"Alle Menschen werden Bruder"

  Henry D. Reynolds - System Administrator
     mail: hdr@jump.net - phone: 512.448.3617 - cell: 512.699.8658