Renewing Absorption Canisters

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Renewing Absorption Canisters
From: Robert Guinness <rjglaw@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:53:35 -0500
I need to renew my absorption canister (the one with the charcoal in it
and many hoses coming from it).  I have the charcoal (aquarium activated
charcoal).  But what should I use for the two filters (3 1/2 inches
round).  Of course the old filters are perished.  Other MG archives
suggested cutting air conditioner foam filters or stove air vent filters
to size.  My local franchised car parts retailer suggested using Duetsch
breather filters.  They look like yellow fiberglass house insulation was
cut into a thin (1/4 to 1/2 inch) circular pad.  They look pretty
flimsy.  Any wisdom from the group?

Robert Guinness
75 Midget
77 MGB (the gas geyser)