Re: radiator mystery

To: "Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: radiator mystery
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 10:17:35 +0100
Why a 195 stat?  Clausager reckons the standard stat was originally 180
(which I have) with 165 for hot climates and 190 for cold climates.   Then
the standard stat was changed to 165 to increase oil pressure by lowering
oil temperature, and cold climates got the 180.  A 195 would open even
later, which should show higher on the gauge not lower, and for the gauge to
read less than N implies the stat is fully shut and so the rad should be
cold.  I don't deny what you say, just don't understand it in what seems to
me to be a 'temperate' climate.