Re: Oil Pressure questions

To: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure questions
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 19:44:45 -0700
On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 05:41:03PM -0700, Max Heim wrote:

> BUT, you might consider that you have the electrical oil pressure gauge in
> your 69, while I have the direct feed variety -- they may not give
> comparable readings. I believe there was discussion of this earlier on the
> list.

Except that my electric guage died a while back and I've got an
aftermarket mechanical guage. When I saw the pressure drop today I
pulled over and checked my oil level. I didn't see any oil on the
dipstick, so I added two quarts. As it turns out, the operative phrase
was "didn't see", brand new oil, in a brand new motor is practically
invisible.  I just started draining the excess out and noticed a scary
metallic sheen to the oil. I'm going to drain the rest of it and
replace it with fresh and I'll continue monitoring the situation.

   Larry

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.