Re: Oil Pressure questions

To: "Larry Colen" <lrcar@red4est.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure questions
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 15:30:18 +0100
All sounds fine to me.  The Workshop manual says 50-80psi running and
15-25psi idling.  However Haynes quotes 50-80 at 3000 so your hot figure is
at the bottom end.  Given everything else I wouldn't worry about it until
something else happens.  'Hot idle' is relative, and on both mine is
noticeably higher immediately after a high-speed blast than after having
been stuck in traffic on a warm day for some time.

The oil *pressure* gauge is definitely not an oil *level* gauge - if it
become one then there certainly is a risk of having damaged the engine.