Re: Oil Pressure questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure questions
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 20:35:21 -0500
Bob:

<<<snip>>>
I question the effectiveness of the oil pressure gauge to warn of an oil
leak. When the pressure falls due to low oil it will fall fast, and by
the
time the driver notices it, it will be too late. If you're finding
puddles
of oil under your car, DON'T drive your car thinking the oil pressure
gauge
will tell you when to add oil. It won't!
<<<snip>>>

When I rebuilt my TD engine back in the early 1970's I added a low oil
level float to the sump. I used the ignition light warning lamp as the
light as I felt the ammeter would tell me of charging system problems.

Blake