Re: Wire wheel hubs and spline questions...

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrier@bconnex.net>,
Subject: Re: Wire wheel hubs and spline questions...
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 08:52:19 -0600
On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 10:16:31 -0400, Barrie Robinson wrote:

>My splines were not as bad as yours but my shop said "get new ones" and
>this from a very knowledgeable chap, albeit, a perfectionist.  Problem is -
>how are your wheels.  I had to dump mine as  the spokes were loose and
>age/rust made it impossible to tighten them.

Thanks,  I wanted to make sure I was on the right track and not wasting
$.  I purchased some alloy knockoffs already to replace the wires.

>By the way - What does one do with old spoke wheels??

I don't know.  I have thought that I might try to relace one with a new
center hub...  Short of that I guess they go to the junk yard....

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net