Re: Cop vs. LBC's

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cop vs. LBC's
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:28:48 -0600
At 11:22 AM 8/19/2002 -0500, Charles & Peggy Robinson wrote:
>   We are required to have front plates here in Texas.  My B has one on
>it, as do my other vehicles.  In my view, getting a ticket for
>disobeying the law is not the result of an abuse of power.
>
>   My .02,
>
>   CR

Well, I know Colorado requires (or used to require) front plates because I
was ticketed for that crime back in 1979. I was poor back then so I ended
up sharing my plates between my 71BGT and my 65B, one on each car. I
figured most cops would not know the difference and I was right.

So one morning, I started my drive to work in my 65B when it ran out of gas
on I-25 in Denver. I got out after pulling to the side of the road, walked
up the hill to the nearest gas station, and just as I was heading back to
the car, I saw a tow truck hauling my car  away. Which was quite a shocker
because rush hour traffic was starting to build and I was only gone for
maybe 5-10 minutes tops. So I got a ticket for no front license plate and
had to pay to get my car out of the impound lot. Fortunately, they didn't
notice that the rear plate actually went to my 71BGT.

But that was a long time ago, I'm older than that now. And actually a law
abiding citizen too (except for maybe speeding every once in a while).

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B