Re: Cop vs. LBC's

To: ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com
Subject: Re: Cop vs. LBC's
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:33:30 -0400
   Has anyone ever figured out the purpose of the front plates aside from
the recent installation of cameras?  Front plates were used in some
states years before anyone even thought of the cameras.
   I have never read of anyone backing away from a crime scene, nor of
escaping a pursuing officer by driving backwards on the highway.
   Actually, there is one use for them, though it may not be approved in
California.  Here in CT, those who do not have registered vehicles, or
whose insurance is unpaid hence vehicles become unregistered, frequently
clip the lower right corner of the CT rear plate where a stick-on
validation sticker is placed, then glue this to their rear plate.    To
protect themselves against that, some owners mount the un-stickered front
plate at the back of the car and place the be-stickered rear plate in the
rear window.
Bob