Re: Cop vs. LBC's

To: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Cop vs. LBC's
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 22:02:15 -0400
What bugs ME now is that whereas I grew up learning that your license plate
should be unobstructed and viewable (even by snow and dirt, though these
were usually overlooked), a large number of cars are now putting obscuring
shields on their rear license plates so that they won't be picked up by the
laser readers or cameras.  Particularly with the curved and dull yellow
shields, it's nearly impossible to read them even from a few feet away, and
I can't understand why these guys aren't getting written up left and right.