Re: Wire front hub spacer questions

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wire front hub spacer questions
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:05:50 -0700
By "spacers" I assume you mean shims. Their purpose is to adjust the end
float. This is regardless of the condition of the hubs or shafts, so no,
they don't have to be mated to the car, or the hubs. You just have to set
them up from scratch when you put it back together. Yes, you use a
micrometer. It's best to get an assortment of sizes beforehand when
installing new bearings -- it's not possible to predict what combination
will turn out to be necessary.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149