RE: Driving Philosophies (Long) (Was: Re: Cops vs.LBCs)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Driving Philosophies (Long) (Was: Re: Cops vs.LBCs)
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 11:32:58 -0500
> No yellow light will only last one second (35 mph is approx 50' per
> second). Use a reasonable example. The ones I've seen are
> more like five
> seconds minimum. You would have to be more than 250' to be
> caught by the
> red. Of course, if you are ignoring the speed limit, things start
> getting a bit tighter.

Read this:

http://www.freedom.gov/auto/rlcreport.asp

We should be creating and maintaining infrastructure so that it aids the
flow of traffic, not works against it, and doesn't require you to slam on
your brakes to avoid running a red light.  However, we're instead doing
things to create revenue in the name of safety.

And if you really want to work on a conspiracy, perhaps some of this is
being influenced by those who want to make automobiles as inconvenient and
expensive as possible in order to further their own agendas.