Regulator problem

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Regulator problem
From: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:50:51 -0700
Hello Listers,
I recently discovered that the small plate mounted inside the regulator
(75B) has come adrift. It is mounted onto a spring like plate & I
believe opens & closes, depending on temp.
I attempted to re-attach the plate to the spring, using a product
similar to JB Weld but was unsuccessful. It's quite difficult to
manoeuvre in the small opening.
Question 1. Should I attempt to re-attach it?
Question 2. Am I wasting my time trying to do it
Question 3. If I either replace or re-attach same would it lessen the
surging that I now have?

The part in question is shown in the Moss catalogue as regulator #103.
Part # 373-920.
BTW the carb is a Z-S.

Can you shed some light? Please & thank you.

Aubrey 75B