Re: What would you drive?

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, MG <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What would you drive?
From: Peter Guagenti <peter@guagenti.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:32:17 -0700
on 8/30/02 10:22 AM, Dodd, Kelvin at doddk@mossmotors.com wrote:

> My fiance and I already discussed this.  If we had the kind of money talked
> about, we would buy a parcel of land that's for sale just north of us.
> Build a race track and pro-rally practice course and invite all our friends
> for weekends of driving, fun, good food and wine.

Now that's an idea! Why would you need to go visit a race track if you could
have your own at home?

If you ever get a chance, visit Rupert Bragg-Smith's track at Pahrump, NV.
It's about 50 miles north of Vegas. If you see this place, you realize that
this is what happens when someone gets it into his head that he wants his
own racetrack. It's literally a plot of land by the side of the road that's
been cleared just enough for a track and a paddock, with all the errant
boulders and such collected on the infield that you'd expect. Very scary.

-p