Re: A cool thing about our cars

To: Phil Vanner <phil@outtech.com>
Subject: Re: A cool thing about our cars
From: Paul Root <proot@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 20:58:38 -0500
Phil Vanner wrote:

> Lew Says:
>
> The 'Road and Track' and 'Autoweek's of this world have no vested
> interest in talking about product that may or may not be available over
> here. The only folk who are in a position to create demand or interest
> are the enthusiasts. That's us.
>
> With all due respect, (and if you live around here you know Lew has earned
> it,) Autoweek has a "Not for US Sale" feature about once a month. I think
> they covered the various "Zed" MGs earlier this summer. Usually its some
> blob-like Peugeot or a bit about that to-die-for Alfa that they just decided
> not to produce; it's one thing that I like about Autoweek.

Yeah, I wish they did more of that. I usually like the middle page. But
I've been finding the 8 pages on the latest 3.7 billion dollar car a bit
tedious. Similarly with R&T, Honda's and Super cars is about all you
get. My sister-in-law gives me her R&T's, I read Egan and give them back
along with the Autoweeks. She takes them to The U Hosipital, where they
get distributed in waiting rooms.

My Grassroots, however, get saved.

Hey Phil,
        There's a nice looking mid-60's Midget for sale on Como, half way
between
Stinson and 280. And an about 68(?) 'B sitting in Joe Bakers
Repair shop on Como and Stinson for most of the summer. It's not as nice
looking, but the body looks solid. I don't know about it's story.

--
Paul Root
'77B