Fuel line fitting thread

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel line fitting thread
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 21:43:12 -0800
My '69 BGT has a threaded fitting on the end of the steel fuel
line. On general principle, Onto this is attached a fitting with about
3 inches of (1/4"?) braided line. I'd like to replace it with
something that is known to be less than 30 years old. Since I can't
feasibly remove the steel line from the car, I removed the oddment and
brought it to the hardware store, and the parts store.  I can find
pieces that fit onto the (female threaded) oddment, and based on
those, get an adapter that is  female threaded on one end and a
"nipple" on the other.

The problem is that the oddment will fit both onto these 5/16" flare
threads and the fuel line, but the 5/16" female flare threads don't
thread onto the fuel line.

What is the thread of the fuel line?

   Larry

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.