Re: How often to renew silicone hydraulic fluid

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How often to renew silicone hydraulic fluid
From: "Rick deOlazarra" <cattail@redshift.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:23:26 -0800
    I'm no expert on the subject, but I'd imagine you'd have to flush/renew
    silicone brake fluid less often since, I've read/been told that it
doesn't
    absorb water, which contributes to rust/corrosion, like standard brake
fluid
    does.

  - - - - - - - - - - -

  Read my other post on this.  Since silicone fluid doesn't absorb water, any
condensation that gets into the system pools in the pipes and causes corrosion
there.  This is much worse in trailer queens that are not driven much, because
the brake fluid isn't being pumped around.

  Change ALL brake fluids every two or three years.

  Allen Hefner
  Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
  '77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
  '75 MG Midget (The Project)
  '92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

  Allen,
   Thanks for enlightening me on this; that's one of the benefits of this
list.. misconceptions get the chance to be revealed.
  -Rick